2017 was marked by many interesting and significant events for Switzerland. They relate to science, culture, and the social life of the country, and have become important and notable for both Switzerland and for Ukraine.
1. We celebrate the 25th anniversary of the establishment of Ukraine-Switzerland diplomatic relations in 2017. Both sides undoubtedly appreciate well-established and lasting relationships.
Cooperation with Switzerland is one of the priority geopolitical directions for Ukraine.
2. Switzerland won the prize in the ranking of the Davos Economic Forum “Global Competitiveness Index” again in 2017. Switzerland has occupied leading positions for the last 10 years.
3. Half-century has passed from the date when the first in Switzerland ATM was put into operation in Zurich. Each bank client then, in the distant 1967, could withdraw up to 200 francs in cash any time round the clock. A bank card of that time significantly differed from the one that we have today. It resembled a sort of punched card. Such a service became available throughout Switzerland in 1968.
4. 170 years have passed since the Civil War in Switzerland. According to historical sources, the main reason of this war was a religious issue, and its consequence was the modern political construction of the country — Confederation.
5. An international team of researchers under the chairmanship of Michael Krudsen, the scientist from Zurich, discovered a new species of apes. Since then, the seventh species has joined the six existing.
6. Nobel Prize 2017 for the development of cryoelectronic microscopy (chemistry) was received by Jacob Deboshe along with two other scientists from other countries.
7. Ukraine is not alone in its difficult reform trials. The Swiss voted on a nationwide referendum in September 2017 and rejected the reform project of the first level of the Swiss pension system. The last pension reform in the country was held in 1997.
8. The first national “Digital Day” in Switzerland was on the 21st of November. His goal is to outline the prospects and assess the potential of the innovative economy in the digital world. Nearly forty Swiss universities and institutes opened their doors to those who want to discover the world of a digital economy. Almost all of the country’s railway stations have become an arena for the exchange of digital experiences between industry, representatives of political structures and business circles.
9. The world celebrates the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, and Switzerland is not an exception, as the reformation movement moved very quickly to Switzerland of that time and was supported by the thinking community of the country. Luther’s ideas encouraged progressive reformers in Switzerland and caused a wave of indignation at the actions of the Catholic Church and its position in society.
10. One of the streets of the Israeli city RishonLeZion was named after the Swiss Paul Grüninger, who was the chief of police of one of the Swiss cantons. In March 1938, after Anschluss, many
Jewish refugees from Austria tried to find refuge in Switzerland. But in March 1938, the Swiss government announced that “the ship was full,” and officially closed the country’s borders to the victims of Nazism. Paul Grüninger was a head of the Swiss Border Guard Service at that time. He rescued more than 3,600 Jewish refugees from Austria by issuing entry documents against the official order of the government.
Company Continues Strategic Expansion Adding New Service Capabilities, Talent, and Broadening Nearshore Footprint SAN JOSE, Calif.—January 5, 2023— GlobalLogic Inc., a Hitachi Group Company and Digital Engineering Leader, today announced the acquisition of Hexacta, a Pan-Latin-America digital and data engineering company. The acquisition is part of GlobalLogic’s continued strategy to expand its offerings, and its […]
Last year, the global medical device market reached $532.62 billion, according to Mordor Intelligence. Ukrainian engineers are involved in the projects of key players, which occupy almost 10% of the market. This share can be estimated at 50 billion US dollars*. Domestic specialists create more than a hundred software solutions of various levels. These include […]
Новий власник Twitter Ілон Маск доручив інженерам попрацювати над перезавантаженням Vine, яке може бути готове до кінця нинішнього року. Про це повідомляє Axios. Зазначається, що інженерам компанії необхідно вивчити стару кодову базу відеосервісу, яка не змінювалася та не оновлювалася з моменту закриття, а саме з 2016 року, коли з’ясувалося, що майданчик не витримує конкуренції. Втім, одне з […]
Credit Agricole has been ranked first in the social responsibility rating of the banking sector, created by Standard-Rating based on the 2022 half-year results. The rating agency commended the bank’s contribution to the economy of Ukraine. The bank has paid UAH 100 million in taxes in advance, while issuing UAH 1.2 billion in loans under […]
From October 1, drivers must turn on the dipped headlights of the car outside the city. This helps to additionally mark the vehicle in conditions of low visibility within the autumn-winter period. GlobalLogic reminds about the importance of compliance with traffic rules and tells about the developments of Ukrainian engineers that affect road safety. In […]
Intellias, a global software engineering and digital consulting company, has announced the completion of its acquisition of Digitally Inspired, a fast growing, UK based peer, focusing on the Retail and eCommerce industry. “I am delighted to welcome the Digitally Inspired team to Intellias. It is symbolic that Intellias’ twentieth anniversary coincided with signing an agreement […]
3×4, a Web3 fundraising platform for non-profits, has been launched in Ukraine to bring innovative crypto & NFT fundraising to the rising number of social impact causes. 3×4 helps non-profit organizations to fundraise utilizing NFTs in collaborations with artists and brands while providing donors utility, revenue and transparency. The idea of 3×4 was born in […]
Health Minister Maxim Stepanov and British Ambassador to Ukraine Melinda Simmons discussed the possible production of a coronavirus vaccine at Ukrainian facilities. The Ministry of Health is in constant contact with AstraZeneca. This was announced by the head of the Ministry of Health on Facebook. Vaccine production may be launched in the near future. “We […]Next
On Monday, PepsiCo announced its second fiscal quarter which ended on June 30. The results exceeded Wall Street expectations but were mixed. On the one hand, sales of food and snacks increased as consumers bought snacks for breakfast and home-made goods. On the other hand, sales of beverages decreased because large sales channels such as […]Next
At a meeting on Thursday, April 8, the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine fined the Hungarian company Üttema Kereskedelmi Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság UAH 65 million for acquiring two Ukrainian companies – Kyivshlyakhbud LLC and Rostdorstroy LLC without obtaining concentration permits. This was reported by the press service of the AMC. According to the Committee, in October […]Next
Poland and Denmark have solved problems related to the construction of the Baltic Pipe gas pipeline. The representative of the Polish government on strategic energy infrastructure Petro Naimski announced this on Polish Radio. “An agreement has been reached and work has resumed,” he said. Currently, the laying of 100 km of offshore section of the […]Next
The Ukrainian authority continues bank privatisation allowing. For the present, Anti-Monopoly Committee of Ukraine (AMCU) gives the permission to Sergei Tihipko of Universal Bank purchasing through the Bailican Limited Company. AMCU provides also allowance to Sergei Tihipko on the mediated acquisition through the T.A.S. Overseas investments Limited company . He intends to buy shares of […]Next
The invention and distribution of coronavirus vaccines have made nine people billionaires. Euronews reported this with reference to the data of non-governmental organizations. “Nine new billionaires have a combined net worth of $ 19.3 billion, which is enough to fully vaccinate all people in low-income countries 1.3 times. Meanwhile, those countries have received only 0.2 […]Next
Ford on Wednesday officially unveiled the all-electric F-150 Lightning pickup, which could become the new most popular pickup in the United States, given Americans’ love for Ford F-Series cars. President Joe Biden drove an F-150 Lightning during his visit to the Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center, a new high-tech plant in Dearborn, Michigan. The company’s […]Next
In May Ukraine produced 2.3 million tons of the steel. This figure is to 5.7% higher than was in the same period in 2015. This is confirmed by the monthly data of the international organization World Steel Association. It is a non-profit organisation with its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium and a second office in Beijing, China, […]Next
The Wilmar company plans a further expansion in Ukraine. This was told by the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the company “Delta Wilmar CIS” Dhuraba Charan Panda, said the Forbes publication. For example, in the B2C segment by building a new or purchasing an existing Ukrainian enterprise. The final choice has not been […]Next
American company SpaceX Elon Musk moved on September 1 launch rocket Falcon 9 from 12 th group of satellites Starlink due to bad weather. The press service of the company announced on Sunday, August 30, on Twitter. “Today ‘s launch of Starlink is canceled before the flight due to difficult weather conditions. The next launch […]Next
The U.S. Department of Labor’s weekly report on Thursday showed that the number of initial applications for unemployment benefits in the country rose to 1.106 million in the week ended August 15, which is worse than the forecast of economists at 925 thousand and worse than the previous week, when the figure of 971 thousand […]Next
The price of shares of Coca-Cola today is 13.6% lower than at the beginning of 2020, and the profit with revenues of the second quarter fell by a third due to lower sales in restaurants and entertainments in the conditions of a pandemic. At the same time, shares of Coca-Cola are considered to be a […]Next
For the first time, the National Bank has identified a list of critical infrastructure facilities in the banking system of Ukraine. This was reported on the regulator’s website on Friday, April 23. It is noted that such powers of the NBU are provided by the Law on Basic Principles of Cyber Security of Ukraine. “Objects […]Next
Kyiv intends to build the airfield for unmanned aerial vehicles in five years. This was stated by the head of the All-Ukrainian Federation of Drone Owners Taras Troiak, said in the message from the National League of Transport Business on the Facebook. “We have the Quadroport project that we want to implement in Kyiv. It […]Next
The “Industrial Milk Company” Agricultural holding (IMC, Kiev) plans to build a dairy farm for 700 heads in the Repkinsky district of the Chernigiv region until 2018. This was announced by the CEO of the company Alex Lissitsa. According to him, the company intends to modernize the dairy complex in the Repkinsky district in the […]Next
Mail.ru stops to deliver a traffic in points of a traffic exchange in Ukraine. “Liga.net” published this information on its web-site. Mikhail Polovinka, UA-IX director on Ukrainian point of exchange of a traffic reported that Mail.ru had sent them the notification according to which the group of companies stopped delivery of a traffic to Ukraine […]Next